Nov 10 2015, National Institute for Food and Drug Control invite public comments on the Guidelines on Efficacy Verification of Cosmetic Products. Any opinions shall be sent to email@example.com by email before Mar 31 2016.
Currently, the efficacy claiming is used by most cosmetics on the market and it has great attraction to customers. However, there is lacking of scientific basis and conformity standards to supervise the efficacy claiming in China. Considering that foreign corporations are guided by academy/organization recommended evaluation methods and procedures, it is necessary to legislate Guidelines to regulate the efficacy verification of cosmetic products. The Guidelines on Efficacy Verification of Cosmetic Products is drafted based on the requirements of Regulations Concerning the Supervision and Administration of Cosmetics (RSAC), Measures on the Management of Cosmetics Labelling and Measures on the Ethical Review of Human Related Biomedical Research etc.
Guidelines on Efficacy Verification of Cosmetic Productsconsist of 15 chapters:
1. General rules
2. Responsibility requirement
3. Application condition
4. Subject management
5. Staff requirement
6. The hardware equipment requirement
7. Sample management
8. Lab environment condition
9. Efficacy verification scheme
10. Organization and implementation
11. Ethical review
12. Data management and statistics analysis
14. Contract management
15. Supplementary provisions and Appendix
The report consists of general and specific information.
1. Applicant, lab address, main and other researchers, product info (type, formula, batch number, etc.), issue date.
2. Purpose of verification
3. Verification progress: start time and end time.
4. Verification method: summary of the proposal, proposal deviation
5. Statistic: method adopted, analysis result
6. Result: analysis method, result interpretation. The individual data shall be included in appendix.
7. Discussion if needed
9. Signature of responsible persons of project: including the director in charge of testing, quality, research, statistics and technique.
1. Human Subjects: basic and special information
2. Personnel withdrawal: amount of analytical sample, explanation of personnel withdrawal
3. Interpretation of results: quantitative and qualitative data.